4 Emerging Property Trends Post-Covid
- The Emergence of Smart Cities
The government is on an economic development drive and as part of this, the concept of the Lanseria Smart City has been given the green light. In his state of the nation address, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the Lanseria Development Plan. The objective of the Smart City is an environmentally friendly, self-sustaining, energy-efficient environment, which addresses several problems simultaneously;
- The provision of housing
- Low municipal and service charges
- Economic development and job creation
- Green building with energy efficiency
- Prime Property Hits the Value for Money Sweet Spot
The economic slump experienced in Commercial Property is expected to start recovering in late 2021 but for now, many key properties are available at really good prices and below the price originally paid. Two such properties are listed with us;
- Bryanston – 4 400 m2 suited for development, in an office area
- Midrand – Stand-alone Office Building
- Better and More Flexible Leasing Options
Office is going through an all-time dry patch and real opportunities are available. We are experiencing individuals upgrading their rental areas at the same price as previous rental spaces.
- Greater Fourways – Refurbished Container Offices https://www.commercialexchange.co.za/property/trendy-container-office-space-north-riding/
- Market Innovation and Good Value Residential Apartments in Better Areas
The tendency to convert office buildings to residential has accelerated and is very prominent and is trendy to more upmarket areas. Interestingly Summercon has a new development on Cedar road with Sectional Titles starting at just below R 500 000.
Have a look at our latest property listings, your next investment opportunity could be waiting for you. Join our database and receive our monthly property mailer: http://eepurl.com/g1IHZv
Where others see obstacles, we see opportunities.